Here are 40 creative ways your church can invite people to church because one of the primary reasons every church exists is to share and live the Gospel and invite people to join His kingdom. Since the church is the display of God’s glory on earth, and since Jesus said HE would build His church–the church should be central to our lives and faith. So inviting people to your church should be a part of your core mission.
Here are forty great ways you can invite people to our church. You don’t need to organize it … you and your small group, class or friends can just do it.
1. Grill out for the employees of a company or business.
2. Set up our party trailer, which comes with a grill, moonwalk, helium tank and balloons, video games, chairs, etc. at any community events.
3. Dress up like a Star Wars character wherever there are people and take pictures with kids and families. Give them a special invite card with the location they can download the picture. You will have a blast and invite a bunch of people to church.
4. Tailgate at high school football games. Give away hot dogs and invite people.
5. Set up a moonwalk at a local park while events are happening.
6. Volunteer at community runs and bike races.
7. Hand out coffee or hot chocolate at the First Friday events in downtown Cartersville.
8. Give out hand warmers with the church logo at winter events like the Christmas parade.
9. Do a free oil change or car inspection in the House of Rock parking lot.
11. Host a block party for your neighborhood. Again, the party trailer is available.
12. Provide “full service” at a local gas station – wash windows and leave a car freshener.
13. Show free family movies at the House of Rock on Friday nights.
14. Help local schools with their fall festivals. Instead of re-creating the wheel, just help a school make their event better.
15. Take professional pictures at local school talent shows.
16. Visit a nursing home.
17. Take a couple of hours and put out door hangers in your neighborhood or apartment complex.
18. Go put invite cards on car windshields. Try not to get arrested … that keeps it fun.
19. Be intentional about coaching a kids sports team.
20. You and your kids set up a lemonade stand.
21. Have a free garage sale … give away things and invite people to church
22. Do a free car wash.
23. Walk around a neighborhood and collect canned food. Invite people to church while asking for food.
24. Hand out helium balloons at special events.
25. Get a truck, ladder and a bunch of light bulbs and walk around and ask people if they need light bulbs changed.
26. Set up a bounce house at the movie theater when a big kids movie premiers. Or in front of another store. Managers are often open to anything that draws attention to their store.
27. Put out road signs on the weekend (did you know about 15% of people who attend our church for the first time do so because they saw a road sign?)
28. Put a giant leaf sign in the back of your truck. Politicians do it – our cause is way more important!
29. Give away silly bandz (with your church logo) anywhere there are kids.
30. Enter a float in one of the parades. Walk along side it and give away candy and invites.
32. Get a giant backpack sprayer and offer to spray for bugs in people’s homes. It might seem strange, but what a great way to talk to someone and invite them to church.
33. Salt driveways when it ices during the winter.
34. Help with field days at a local elementary school. What school wouldn’t appreciate volunteers?
35. Take food to fire stations. Let them know you appreciate them and that they are always welcome at your church.
36. Valet cars when a school has an open house.
37. Provide childcare for high school graduations.
38. Cook team meals before home games at local sporting events.
39. Pass out candy and invites at your own house on Halloween, or downtown where hundreds of children come to trick or treat every year.
40. Enter a team in the Georgia BBQ classic.
Better yet … come up with your own idea, get your friends or group involved, and make it happen.