I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
(NIV) Colossians 2:1-5
How to Avoid Spiritual Deception?
1. To avoid spiritual deception, recognize that it is a serious danger.
2. To avoid spiritual deception, be committed to a loving church.
Three Qualities of a Loving Church
A loving church is a praying church.
A loving church practices heartfelt concern for one another.
A loving church seeks the highest good of each person, namely to know Christ and grow in Him.
3. Lastly, to avoid spiritual deception, be committed to a Christ centred Church.
1. A Christ centred church is a bible centred church.
2. A Christ centred church is a spiritually discerning church.
4. A Christ centred church practices unity on essential biblical truth, and loving tolerance on non-essentials.
Speaker Paul Bergmann