Col 3:13 (NIV)
Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
A few Quotes
The world aches for forgiveness.The hardest person to forgive is yourselfWithout forgiveness we go in circles never getting anywhereIf we wait for the offender to repent, it becomes about who dies first.
What forgiveness is not:
- It is not condoning or belittling
- It is not forgive and forget
- It is not a denial of the pain, or the anger. If you say you cannot be hurt you cannot love or be loved.
- Does not depend on the offender. Forgive God, forgive ourselves forgive others
- It not total restoration
- A decision of the will. Affirm the truth, reject the lie. Don’t ignore the memory deal with it.
- Absorbing the pain and letting the offender go free.
- Giving up the right to punish the offender.
- Becoming free emotionally. We retain our personal power.
- Three dimensional freedom. Freedom from the past. Joy in the present. Anticipation in the future.
- God’s intention when we are hurt is to see good come from evil.
Write a letter spelling out your grievances, but do not send it.
Speak out the truth of forgiveness every time unforgiveness creeps in.
Ephesians 4:32 (NIV)
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.